The way we move every day can dramatically impact the quality of our lives. Movement matters to anyone with a desire to be safe, durable, and injury-free whether playing sports, completing a job task or performing an activity of daily living.
This workshop will provide an overview of the “7 Key Features” and “5 Fundamental Patterns” that serve as the foundation for every activity that each of us performs on a daily basis.
The 5 Fundamental Patterns
- Squatting – a precursor to any type of jumping, or crouching
- Lunging – similar to stepping down, climbing stairs, walking, running and changing direction
- Hinging – associated with lifting, dragging and carrying
- Pushing – involves similar movement demands to swinging, striking and throwing.
- Pulling – also a precursor to chopping, swinging, and dragging