Please Note – The F2T101 hosting application process is changing. If you have been corresponding with the Fit To Thrive team prior to December 1, 2022, the information on this page may be incorrect for you. Please contact the person you have been corresponding with for clarification.
Hosting a F2T 101 Fitness Principles and Practice Course
With the support of their local IAFF affiliate, any department can serve as a host site.
In order to host an F2T 101 Fitness Principles and Practice Course, departments must complete the pre-approval process. To assist in this process, we have created several documents to act as guides and checklists. A checklist summarizing all pre-approval requirements can be found by clicking the link HERE.
The pre-approval process consists of 6 components, each of which is detailed below. Only 5 of these components need to be submitted as part of the pre-approval process – the draft service contract is to be shared with your departmental legal team PRIOR to submitting your application to allow adequate time for them to review and request changes.
- Download the draft service contract and share it with your departmental legal team to review. This does NOT need to be submitted with the pre-approval package, but should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org once the review is complete as it is part of the hosting process and will eventually need to signed by all parties. The draft contract can be found HERE.
- Read and agree to adhere to the IAFF’s COVID-19 Guidelines. More information can be found in the COVID-19 section below.
- Complete and submit the F2T 101 Course Request Form.
- Meet the minimum hosting department site requirements. For more details, click the link HERE.
- Choose your top five course dates from the course calendar displayed below.
- Acquire the required course equipment detailed HERE. Host departments are solely responsible for providing the equipment required to host a course and may choose to source their equipment by any means. Please see the equipment section below for more details.
Once all documentation has been reviewed and approved, you will be contacted with a proposed course date, course service contract, and associated invoice. A $10,000 USD deposit is required in order to secure your course date. Once approved, your status as an eligible host will remain valid for 1 calendar year.
Once you have gathered all necessary documentation, click the button below to begin your pre-approval process.
To learn more about the F2T 101 Fitness Principles and Practice Course, click the link HERE.
The IAFF will, at minimum, follow the COVID-19 guidelines and requirements of the jurisdiction and properties where an F2T 101 course is held.
In hosting an F2T 101 course, host departments agree to adhere to all relevant COVID-19 guidelines and requirements of the jurisdiction and properties where the course is to be held. The host department also recognizes that COVID-19 guidelines are subject to change without notice, and that the IAFF reserves the right to change these requirements at any point prior to, or during the delivery of an F2T 101 course.
The base cost of an in-person F2T 101 course is $24,975 USD and includes instruction for up to 25 people. Additional students up to 35 are $999 USD per student.
Once a course date has been proposed, potential hosts will have 30 days to pay a $10,000 USD deposit to secure their date. The remaining balance must be paid in full by the first day of the exam period associated with their course. Any unpaid fees will result in participants being unable to receive their exam results and PFT certificates.
*The course fee is non-refundable. Complete F2T refund policies can be found HERE. Additional fees and adjustments to this payment schedule may apply outside of the Continental United States and Canada*
Host departments are responsible for sourcing all equipment required for the course. A complete list of required equipment can be found HERE. The host department can:
- Request the IAFF order the equipment from Rogue Fitness on their behalf. The host department will be responsible for the full purchase price including applicable taxes and shipping.
- Place their own equipment order or use equipment that they already possess. Departments will be required to submit video and/or image documentation as part of their hosting application for verification.
- Any combination of the options above.
Departments that already possess the required equipment or place their own equipment order will be required to submit video and/or image documentation as part of their hosting application for verification. Details on the required submission for equipment already owned and guidelines to assist with purchasing can be found HERE. The IAFF reserves the right to deem any equipment unsuitable for use during the course.
Available Course Dates (Current as of March 26, 2023)
All courses run 4 consecutive days, Monday to Thursday.
NOTE – Historically, courses have required a minimum lead time of 3 months to account for equipment delivery, participant registration, payment confirmation etc. Please consider this when planning for and choosing your preferred dates
March 6-9, 2023 July 10-13, 2023 November 27-30, 2023
March 20-23, 2023 July 24-27, 2023 December 4-7, 2023
April 3-6, 2023 August 7-10, 2023 December 11-14, 2023
April 17-20, 2023 August 21-24, 2023 January 8-11, 2024 May 1-4, 2023 September 11-14, 2023
May 15-18, 2023 September 18-21, 2023
June 5-8, 2023 October 9-12, 2023
June 19-22, 2023 October 23-26, 2023