With the support of their local IAFF affiliate, any department can serve as a host site.
In order to host an F2T 101 Fitness Principles and Practice Course, departments must complete the pre-approval process. To assist in this process, we have created several documents to act as guides and checklists. A checklist summarizing all pre-approval requirements can be found by clicking the link HERE.
The pre-approval process consists of 6 components, each of which is detailed below. Only 5 of these components need to be submitted as part of the pre-approval process – the draft service contract is to be shared with your departmental legal team PRIOR to submitting your application to allow adequate time for them to review and request changes.
- Download the draft service contract and share it with your departmental legal team to review. This does NOT need to be submitted with the pre-approval package, but should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org once the review is complete as it is part of the hosting process and will eventually need to signed by all parties. The draft contract can be found HERE.
- Read and agree to adhere to the IAFF’s COVID-19 Guidelines. More information can be found in the COVID-19 section below.
- Complete and submit the F2T 101 Course Request Form.
- Meet the minimum hosting department site requirements. For more details, click the link HERE.
- Choose your top five course dates from the course calendar displayed below.
- Gather the documentation required if your department is applying for an equipment exemption. For more details, click the link HERE.
Once all documentation has been reviewed and approved, you will be contacted with a proposed course date and associated invoice. A $10,000 USD deposit is required in order to secure your course date. Once approved, your status as an eligible host will remain valid for 1 calendar year.
Once you have gathered all necessary documentation, click the button below to begin your pre-approval process.
To learn more about the F2T 101 Fitness Principles and Practice Course, click the link HERE.